Tuesday, September 11, 2007

about my absence

I started other blogs and mostly added my voice to a chorus of liberals and rationalists who want to wrest control of the US and stewardship of the environment away from the Bush administration and all the fundamentalists, oligarchs and cryptofascist sympathizers that prop up neoconservative political fortunes.

The din of complaints is mighty but the distant thunder of an inhospitable overburdened planet will just keep growing louder and closer. It will finally drown out even the crowd noises of this soccer game we call politics. We will look up from our petty struggles, most engaged in for the covert purposes of mere personal gain, to see dispossessed hoards, famine, disease and climatic catastrophe overrunning the tiny spoils we thought so precious.

I am back from the war. We have not won on the political front. I am going back to self sufficiency blogging.

No comments: